March 27, 2012

It will be worth it in the end




Well what a trip this pregnancy has been! And I wont lie this is one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life. I will be given you the "short" version of what has been going on. But Yes we are having another baby BOY! We are so excited to see our boys grow up together! We do have a name picked out but are waiting until he is born to announce it. haha But yes I have hyperemesis gravidarum which is excessive vomiting due to pregnancy. About 2 percent of women get it, lucky me!




MARCH MADNESS: As some know towards the end February I was on IV Home health at home and was having issues with the IV's and was still having seizures. On March 1st my IV clogged and I had a seizure and was admitted into the hospital right away. A fewhours later I had a feeding tube installed. Wow that is a horrible procedure all they do is shot numbing medicine up your nose and stick a tube through the nasal cavity down your throat through your stomach into your small intestine. It is a horrible feeling and sensation, the doctor doing the surgery asked if I have had this done before because he said I did very well for my first time, I guess I was so determined to feed my baby that i blocked everything out.




So after the feeding tube was installed I was still vomiting and weak. Hospitals are the Worst place to try and sleep. My husband stayed there every night with me. First off you are hooked up to million different cords and the tube is super uncomtreble, the beds are hard and small also my blood pressure was dangerously low so the nurses were in every hour either giving me meds or checking my vitals. So day 2 rolls around at the hospital and I have this horrible horrible headache that won't go away and was getting so bad i would cry whenever I moved my head. Doctors were afraid I was at risk of having a clot in my brain so I had a MRI which everything turned out normal and was given more Tylenol and eventually started getting better. Day 3 at the hospital rolls around and I seemed like I was doing a little better I was learning to tolerate the tube and finally got some nutrient to me and the baby so we were hoping to go home the next day. Around 8:00 that evening threw up quite a bit and started having extreme extreme abdominal pain, where I was hunched over and just bawling. I wasn't bleeding but the pain was just unbearable. The nurses rushed in and asked if I wanted anything for pain I rejected because I was already on so much meds I din't want to hurt my baby. So they scheduled an emergency ultrasound and while we were waiting for that, Josh was just holding me and rubbing my back, holding my handand kept telling me everything was going to be alright, finally the pain was so bad I was begging for the pain meds, I was given a form of morrphine and it hit me hard, making me feel loopy. The ultrasound turned out normal




No comments:

Post a Comment