So to continue our horror stories, After we found out the emergency ultrasound turned out fine and little one was just chillin in mommas belly like nothing was going on, yet again I was terrified that we lost the baby from the extremem pain I was having. The doctor checked for kidney stones and gallbladder issues but all the urine and blood samples came back normal. I however still had that extreme pain and had to have the morphine every 2 hours through out the night and was upchucking or dry heaving every hour. In the morning the doctors finally figured out that I tore some ligaments and muscles in and around my stomach. So then it was recovery time for the next few days. We were discharged on Tuesday with a crap load of meds and my feeding tube. Still unable to take anything orally but everything goes through the feeding tube.
Slowly I was feeling better, still on bedrest but could do my own medicines and mostly take care of myself. Luckily I have family and neighbors to help me take care of my 16 month old who is a huge spaz and handful, so my husband could work. Sadly only 11 days after getting tube installed it completly clogged where we couldn't put anything through it. So back to the ER we went and the nurses and doctors all tried but said I had to get a new one. I was not excited. They took it out so easy and prepared me for the new one, it was a different doctor this time and I wasn't the biggest fan. He numbed me and just couldn't get the tube past my stomach so he was gagging me and I threw up all over myself due to him playing around in my stomach and my sinus felt like it was on fire. We finally got it but couldn't stop dry heaving and my head felt like it was going to explode. They let us go back home a few hours later and I was miserable for the next few days and felt like I regressed.
For the next week I was slowly feeling a little bit better again, was getting a little stronger and started gaining a tiny bit of my weight back. I am already a small woman but lost ten pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, still not to my weight yet but was getting strength from the nutrients in my feeding tube. My wonderful mommy came to help for a week so I could focus on recovering while she took care of the house and my Brayden while Josh worked. Josh is an amazing man, he works so hard during the day then comes home and takes care and plays with his son while helping me and taking care of dinners and housework and medical bills. He is my Superman and truly a great role model for my boys. I was starting to feel depressed and after a long day he would listen to me and make me feel better, I know I am the luckiest woman alive to have him all to myself.
So on the 21st we had our ultrasound appointment to find out the gender and all week that was all I could think about and honestly gave me strength in my depression, it gave me something to look forward to. We knew that this was going to be our last pregnancy due to all that has happened so we were hopeing for a girl but since the begining I had a feeling it was going to be a boy, but honestly we are at the point that we don't care what the sex is as long as it is healthy. We knew we had a strong little miracle and sex didn't matter any more to us. the ultrasound tech got all ready and right away the baby was sleeping with its legs spread apart just for us to see, haha and she said " No doubt it's a boy" All the parts are there and Josh and I held hands and just cried in excitement. The stinker was sleeping so I kept poking my tummy to get him so move so he kept putting his thumb in his mouth and turned away from us with his hands behind his head just chilling. Such a chill little boy after all this little miracle has been through. I have always been a tomboy, athletic and energtic so two boys is right up my alley and Brayden is going to make a great older brother, they will grow up playing sports together and everything works out for a reason.
On Saturday the 24th of march we decided it would be best if me and Brayden went down to Cedar City with my mom, so I could take care of him in the morning and get help from friends and family in the afternoon because I was doing better but not strong enough to take care of him full time. Also Josh could keep working and get a small break because we all know that he deserved one. The drive was very hard on me, I wasn't use to being up that much and packing myself and Brayden in the morning, keeping him entertained in the car, trying not to vomit and taking care of my feeding tube. So in general I over did it and felt the effects that night. I was exhausted. Remember that I still couldn't hold any food or fluids down except jello or a popcile sometimes.
Sunday rolls around and I was taking care of my onery son who woke up early due to teething, and was just feeling lke crap. Luckily my mom came home from church to check on me and took Brayden back with her to give me a break and try to rest. Well I was laying down and noticed I had a contraction and thought to myself well that was weird must be from over dueing it yesterday. So as the hour passed they got stronger and more painful and closer together, so I rushed to the bathroom and realized that I was bleeding, so my full panic and scared mode kicked into high gear, my mom had just gotten home and put lil man down for a nap. I yell to her that I need to go to the ER right away. I was shaking I was so scared and all I kept thinking was I am going to lose my baby boy. My mom helped me into the car and had my sister-in-law watch my son. My contractions were about 10 minutes apart and very strong.
We get to the ER and my mom wheels me into the waiting room and we are sitting there waiting for the nurses to come get me(which was forever) and I felt a seizure coming on, so my mom screams to the back that I felt like I was going to have one and the nurses were just taking there time talking and walking slow, next thing I know I have a seizure in the wheelchair, luckily my mom held me up so I did't hit the floor and a nice random lady was there to help but no stupid nurses. Finally they take my passed out body to the back and start an IV. Not a fan of the nurses. So I was still bleeding and contractions were getting closer together, let me remind you that I am only 16 weeks along. They gave me more seizure meds and hooked me up to a mointer to watch my contractions and babies heartbeat. I did get an ultrasound he wasn't moving much but my cervix was closed but very low so they were concerned but baby looked fine. They started me on 3 shots that help stop contractions but make my heart rate go way crazy and makes my whole body extremley shakey. It was one of the worst feelings ever but was willing to do anything to save my baby. After the second dose my contractions finally stopped and little man was moving around like crazy, he was doing break dancing or something but he was moving!!
Was sent home a few hours later with still some small contractions and was having this non stop pain on my right side of my abdomen and put on strict bed rest. It was a long painful night of no sleep. In the morning we went to my mom's OBGYN in Cedar who is amazing!! He checked everything but was worried about how tender I was on the right side and still having contractions and extreme pain, he was worried that my appendix was infected or about to burst, so he ordered a MRI. I was terrifed, I couldn't stop crying and was so worried, plus I didn't have my Josh by my side and was missing him. Well we got the results back later that evening and my appendix looked fine but the MRI showed I have a huge fibroid that was causing me to bleed and causing my pain leading to contractions and pre-term labor. This was an issue with my first pregnancy I was in alot of pain from fibroids and put on bedrest for most of my pregnancy but never this early and that is why my docotors are so concerned that I am having alot of troubles so early in this pregnancy. I was put on some strong meds to help shrink the fibroids to stop the contractions but they are going to get bigger and come back and I have more than one, so in a way I wish it was my appendix so I could have surgery and get over the pain, but looks like this is only the begining for a very long hard pregnancy...
No comments:
Post a Comment