March 13, 2013

Living in the Stone Age

Wow it has been about a year since I updated our blog. Total blog fail but in my defense we have not had a computer or internet since we moved to Eagle Mountain, only our Iphones. We decided with our tax refund this year we would get a computer and internet!! Yes we were living in the stone age for awhile, but at the same time I felt like I got to spend more time with my kiddos.

Quick update on everyone. Yes I had many more complications with my pregnancy but that would take FOREVER to blog all the details, so on August 27th, 2012 Jordan Bradford Morton came into this world weighing 6lbs 15oz and 20 inches long. He is 6 months old now and my cute fluffy blonde, yet the hardest baby ever!! He never sleeps, not even naps, the max amount he will sleep at night is 3 hours and mommy is going to go crazy. his bottom teeth are just breaking skin right now and I haven't had more than 4 hours a night of sleep in 2 weeks and yes I look like a Zombie. He has been sitting up on his own since 5 months and is creeping now and grabbing EVERYTHING, even the cat, which he Loves and giggles at whenever he sees him. I think in a few weeks he will either be crawling or army crawling. He has big blue eyes(from mommy) and fluffy blonde hair that I just can't get enough of. He is Josh's little mini me, their baby pictures look sssoooo much alike, I adore it. He is a wonderful eater, he eats anything you put in front of him except peaches. Lil stinker will not take a bottle but will a sippy cup, so he just nurses, all the time ugh. He is my miracle and always will be and I am grateful everyday that he is in my life and such a strong boy. We got some wonderful family pictures and Joeys 6 months pictures done for Spring that I will always treasure and we had a wonderful photographer from Walmart, of all places, I know!! My baby is growing way too fast and I am so not ready for him to be mobile yet, but he has his own plans :)


Brayden, um where do I start? He had a rough time going from a only child to sharing mommy and daddy to a screaming infant. He sometimes will try and hold brother but only for a minute then wrestle him to the ground, boys! When he turned two in November we noticed he wasn't talking at all yet, not mimicking or even pointing, so communication was really hard and frustrating. We figured he was just behind and got him in a early intervention program that they come out to our house every two weeks. He made some progress with his pointing and signing more then when we made him do more things out of his comfort zone and he regress, now he refuses to sign, has a lot of sensory issues, just started pointing last week, which I am loving!! His behavior sadly got worse, part being a 2 year old boy and we keep seeing more and more signs of Autism. His doctor suggested we get him tested as well as the Intervention Program. So on March 25th we begin testing. I love him so much and as a mother you want your children to succeed and develop normal, It has been a challenge for me to see other children younger than Brayden passing him up and I cry. I do not cry for Brayden or his Autism(if he is) I cry for me that I can be strong enough to learn the tools I need to help him and make him a happier kid. I am not going to get into depth on this subject too much until we get the actual diagnois. It takes a lot of work to mother a strong willed child, but he is making me a better person and mother and I can finally say I am ready to begin our learning journey together. He is so smart it is crazy, he can do memory games on the Iphone or tablet faster than me now and has the Iphone mastered. He LOVES cars and just started getting into planes! He sleeps with them and my house as turned into a parking garage for all his hot wheels!



Josh is busy, busy working on the "Spy Center" everyone keeps calling it, which is a government building in Eagle Mountain at Camp Williams. He works as a Assistant Project Manager for a huge electrical company out of Virgina. This project should keep him busy for the next 6-10 months and we will see how much they offer for us to move out there. We really love our home and community and do not plan on moving....unless we get lots more money... then we will think about it ;) He will most likely apply for a job in Salt Lake and we will stick around here. I am super lucky he is all mine, he always helps me with the boys, dishes, housework, and everything without me even asking. He suprises me all the time with little things, like a season of 3rd Rock from the Sun (which is a favorite) He is my best friend and amazing man. I love him so much, his boys just love their daddy.

I am just staying super duper busy with the boys. I really don't get out much, 2 boys are a lot of work and keeping up with the house, laundry, dinners. I really don't even have time to do those half the time...oh well. I would rather do floor time and play with Brayden while Jordan sleeps, then clean my house. When the weekends rolls around is the only time I can get stuff done. Plus if I clean then Brayden the tornado, rips through it and makes it worse! hehe I love my boys. I thought it was hard keeping up with 1 kid, now that I have 2, it is impossible to get ANYTHING done. I love doing little craft for my house, I just love this house and can't wait till it warms up again so we can enjoy our yard again! We are making garden boxes this year and I am going to grow some zucchini and tomatoes. I just started Zumba and I love it, just wish I had a friend to go with.

 I made it a goal to do better with my blogging.
These Angels are my life and I wouldn't change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment