So I am trying to turn my blog into a journal device since I truly Suck at keeping a journal and have a horrible memory, so this Team Morton Blog is really a tool for me to remember the precious time I have with my family and I am not going to "Sugar Coat" it. If its TMI for you , don't read it :) On a happy note I like reading other's blogs and keeping up with other families. Technology sure is wonderful!
March: Just a update on this past month. Team Morton had another rough sick month. My children are cursed with my weak immune system, sorry boys. Brayden had a fever of 105 for 5 days at the beginning of this month. My poor baby was miserable laying on the couch cuddling with his Pluto pillow. Horrible body aches that he would just whine and little tears would trickle down his face. Totally broke mommas heart. We kept having to take him outside to cool him off cause we really didn't want to take him to the ER if it got to 106. I would rather deal with pneumonia then that high of a fever. Sadly on the 4th day he just wouldn't stop crying no matter how much I held him, tried to distract him, he cried for a straight hour, as I was holding him trying to comfort him, his eyes rolled into the back of head and his little body started convulsing in my arms. I knew he was having a seizure and held him tight. It only lasted for about 30 seconds and he woke up a few seconds later, really out of it just looking at me. I called Josh and he came home right away and we took him to the doctors. Thank my lucky stars Jordan was taking a nap. Brayden was still crying and not walking by the time we got to the doctors office. After some simple tests and cuddle time with daddy he started feeling better and started walking again. It is a very difficult thing to watch, as a mother, your baby have a seizure cause there is absolutely nothing you can do to. Sadly this wasn't the first time he has had a seizure. When he was 10 months old, we just moved to Utah and he got super sick and was hospitalized for 2 days for dehydration and had 2 seizures. They are called febrile seizures. The cause is high fever. We took him home and showered him with love and snuggles. The next day he fever was gone and he was running around like a mad man again, little stinker. Also this month all 4 of this 4 year molars started coming in, so I have been dealing with a cranky little punk! :) Brayden also started Occupational therapy this month to help with some of his sensory issues with food and his super high energy. This kid doesn't eat... it is the most frustrating thing ever!!! We did see a specialist for Autism this month but you can't really diagnose full Autism until they are 4, so we are just getting the documents in order so we can get him more help with the intervention program and when he starts preschool he will be going to a special one that fits his needs. He has said a few new words this month like, bye bye, oh no, and balloon. Only once though and can't get him to say them again. But he is pointing at things he wants now, so that is huge progress for him. Its silly how something so little can make such a huge difference and I know he is at the level of a 15 month old and can be extremely frustrating at times but I am happy for his little steps, it makes me appreciate them more.
Brayden super sick and snuggling with Pluto
Jordan turned 7 months old this month!! The poor thing can not catch a break on being sick though. The first two weeks he was teething super bad and not sleeping, never wanted to be put down and just plain grumpy. His two bottom teeth finally came and he still had a very runny nose and congestion and a fever. So I took him in on a Friday and found out he had a bad sinus infection so he was put on a antibiotic. Such a rough weekend, he would wake up every hour just screaming and screaming, Josh and I would take turns walking around with him, singing and nothing calmed him down. He was the same during the day too. By Wednesday I had enough and took him back in and found out he had a bad ear infection along with his sinus infection. He was put on a stronger different antibiotic and around the 4th day he was finally the happy boy that mommy had missed SO much. Brayden has never had an ear infection ever, so I was blown away when I found out Joey had one!! People say that bottle fed babies are more likely to have ear infections and he was all bottle. Jordan won't take a bottle and is all breastfed. Total opposite of the statics.. of course my kids are. haha He finally started feeling better and randomly he started tugging at his ears the past few days and not sleeping again, I took him in yesterday and his stupid ear infection never went away and came back worse!!! My poor poor baby. So we are on a even stronger antibiotic and if it doesn't go away in 10 days then he has to have a big nasty shot. If it still not gone, then he will most likely get tubes and get it drained :( I really hope it doesn't have to come to that. Also he lost 3 pounds and just wouldn't eat so I lost my milk supply even though I pumped, and he won't take a bottle but loves his sippy cup, so I can't nurse anymore and when I gave him his first "bottle" I cried and cried and cried. I wasn't ready to let go of that bond just yet. My tubes are now tied and I will not be having another child of my own and it really just hit me super hard. In the future we are planning on doing Foster Care because my mission as a new mom just isn't finished yet.
my Happy boys
On a happier note on April 4, 2013 he started crawling today!! EEKKK I could tell a few weeks ago that he was getting so close and I thought by 8 months he would be, but not this soon the little stinker!! Time to put up the gates, Brayden is not going to like that. Joey loves loves his brother and tries to "get" him all the time and just watches every thing he does and smiles when he does something silly. Brayden is finally warming up to him since he is getting more mobile and on his terms he will pick him up and try to wrestle with him, cutest thing ever. They both love it when daddy holds Joey and chases Brayden around the house and puts Joeys butt in Braydens face...Boys. We have discovered that Jordan is pretty shy even to daddy. If I am holding him Josh will say Hi and he will hide his face in my shoulder smiling of course. He will go to him without a fuss though. My mom came one weekend and took a while for him to warm up to her. I gave him to her and he did a huge sad face and started crying every time, till he warmed up and let her hold him but kept a eye on me. Totally opposite of Brayden who went and still goes to anybody, it's so funny how different they are. Jordan is 16 pounds and 28 inches long. Such a long boy. His favorite things are his froggy's that he sleeps with and music, music, anything with music just makes him so happy. Yes pulling himself up on everything like the couch, slide, side of his crib, everything!! He loves to play with cups and balls. Brother has a few different size balls and Joey gets all excited when he sees one and picks it up puts it in his mouth then kind of throws it and then repeat. Even if it is like 3x his size he still trys to pick it up. He has cute blond hair and looks so much like daddy. He has beautiful blue blue eyes and long long eyelashes that EVERYONE comments on. He is growing up so fast and I just want it to slow down but I love seeing him reach all those little milestones. He is my cuddle bug and I just can't get enough of his smile.
Not much went on with me and Josh this month. I was sick on Easter with the flu but made the best of it. The boys got their Easter baskets and did a small Easter egg hunt in our backyard for Brayden while Joey chilled on the blanket and we enjoyed the warm weather. Brayden got a little soccer ball that he loves to throw and kick around with dad. I can't wait to be a "Soccer Mom" Josh and I both are going to coach they boys teams when they are old enough and I can't wait!! My Parents are coming up the first weekend of April to spend some time with us and Josh's parents are coming up at the end of the month to visit, we haven't seen them since January so they haven't seen us in a while but we are looking forward to have some family time this month! We are going to start on our garden boxes soon and doing our flowers and roses in the front yard and getting the lawn ready for some spring and summer fun! Also I got a bike and a carrier that hooks on the back that both boys can fit into so we can go on bike rides. I am so happy that March is finally over and I want some freaking warm weather so I can take the boys to the park more and do bubbles and coloring and setting up the pool and just getting out of this House!!!
Happy Easter! And Spring!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment