Just a little update on the family fun of April. I just want to quickly say thank you for all the sweet sincere comments and uplifting words from everyone about Brayden. It really does help knowing that we have such strong support from friends and family, makes feel all warm and bubbly :)
My mom and dad came to visit at the beginning of this month. Its was so nice having them. My dad and Josh worked on the sprinkler system digging up our yard and trying to replace all the pipes that cracked and burst due to the cold negative degree winter we had. Sometimes being a homeowner stinks, but we are first time home owners and are on a learning curve. While the boys worked my mom and I took the boys to the Kangaroo Bounce House for the first time. Brayden was in HEAVEN! When we first walked in he went straight for the big kid slide passing all the 4 and under ones. I help him climb to the top and I was nervous for him, this slide was huge!!! He pushes himself down before I could even blink...He giggled the whole time and was already climbing back up before I got down. He ran, slide, bounced, jumped, climbed for 2 whole straight hours without stopping once and of course I was helping and chasing him too, I was exhausted!!! My mom watched Joey and walked him around and he was just amazed and watching brother. It wasn't crowded at all and yes we will be going back again and again. When we got back my mom watched the boys and Josh and I got to go on a date for the first time without the boys in over a year. We went to TGIF Fridays and had a really good meal, we had drinks, appetizer's, the whole shebang. It felt like the old days before we had the boys. It was a really nice weekend of work and play with Grandma and Papa Hlebasko.
Slide he went on like 50 times
Grandma and Joey
At the end of the month Josh's parents from California came for a visit too. We haven't seen them since January and Jordan had grown so much since then!! Sadly our water heater was leaking really really bad and was rusted on the bottom and we needed to get a new one and install it. Luckily Josh's dad was in town to help and turned out to be an all day project so me and Karen took the boys to the bounce house again and Brayden ran around like a crazy mad man while I chased him. Boy was I tired after 2 hours. We had a good time with them and got the pool out for the first time this spring/summer which Brayden is my little fish, he loves anything that has to do with water. It was a little too chilly for Joey so we let him play on the grass, which he wasn't the biggest fan of at first but got use to it.
Yes Brayden loves playing in the dirt and he was cuddling with his Papa Morton cause it was just to cold. It is always nice when family comes to visit!! On the 30th was my 26th Birthday and ugh did it hit me hard.. I am closer to 30 now than 20.. so not cool! I spent the day with the boys, the weather was crappy but we enjoyed watching movies and playing games inside. Lucky me Josh got off a little early so I could run to the DMV and get my license transferred from California to Utah because I totally forgot that it expired this year. Opps. So I got 100% on my test go me!! And I got the best compliment from a nice lady. I was standing in line and she was with her 15 year old daughter and asked if this was my first time taking the drivers test and what high school was I from. I laughed and said no but thank you for making my day!! Then I picked up Costa Vida on my way home and a red velvet cakes with white chocolate cream cheese frosting, My Favorite!! I got lots of fun things from my hubby and the boys. A new cookbook, new family frames for the house, a yoga mat and hiking book for Salt Lake Area. It was a nice birthday but my favorite part was just spending time with my little miracles. My life just wouldn't have meaning without them.
So Jordan turned 8 months in on April 27th and he is growing up so fast and becoming such a cute little boy!! He is crawling around like crazy, he cruises furniture, Waves hi and eats anything and everything that you put in front of him expect for baby food, he wants the real stuff!! He still will not take a bottle but a sippy cup which is fine with me. He is very determined little man. If he sees something he wants he will crawl, pull, push anything to get it! He doesn't like me to feed him, he want to feed himself(with his little fingers of course) He is super shy to anyone but me and Josh. He will hide his face in my shoulder when someones talks or says hi to him. If he is playing on the floor and someone talks to him, he will fold himself in two and hide his face on the floor, the cutest thing in the world! He loves to push things like the kitchen chairs. He also makes a scrunchy face and those bottom teeth stick out. Love that face. I love the 6-9 month stage, its my favorite!! On his 9 month posting I will add more.
The Kid with so many faces. At the beginning of May I was lucky enough to go down to Cedar..BY MYSELF!! I went down for a friend Stephanie Reeder(Madsen) for her baby shower and I much needed Girls Weekend with our little group from middle school. Josh was on Boy Patrol for Friday night and all day Saturday as well as that night! I admit I was super nervous leaving for two whole nights. I knew my husband could handle it but I just worried about Joey because he is a huge mammas boy, where as Brayden could care less haha. It was my first time leaving him ever longer than a few hours but I made it so much easier because I am not nursing anymore!! So I drove down with Steph, Idena and Steph's brother DJ. It was so nice to reconnect and gossip again like the good old days. I stayed at my parents house that night and was up talking with my mommy till like 2am. Love those talks and then in the morning, just me and my mom watched Iron Man 3 and went to Brunos for lunch. It was so nice having a mothers daughter date I haven't had one for years and not worrying about the boys was so nice, I really enjoyed my alone time with my mom I wish I could have had more! So we had Steph's shower which was super fun and then we went to Steph Larsens house and got dinner together and ate and had a blast! The girls that were there were Stephanie Larsen, Amanda Grimm(Simkins), Anne Excell(Venables), Stephaine Reeder(Madsen), Idena Ward(Crowther) and Shay (sorry shay it was my first time meeting you and have no idea what your last name is) But we ate, drank and went bowling and played a card game till like 3am then finally crashed outside in the tent. It was a blast!!I love my girl time but I was so ready to get home and kiss my boys I missed them just enough to not think about them 24/7. The drive home I couldn't get there fast enough I was so excited to see my babies and boy Joey got the biggest smile when he saw me and wanted me, Brayden on the other hand looked at me and went back to digging in the dirt..lol
Well that's it for April and a little of May.
No comments:
Post a Comment